Saturday, June 27, 2009

ii used to tYpe lyke dis.

7th grade
first e-mail: "confuzzling_factors@yahoo.com"
reason: To defy my parents. I also needed to send classmates group assignments and other misc. things.
reflection: My parents now understand the necessity of an e-mail account (seeing as they check theirs almost daily). My e-mail account has evolved from silly chain letters and friendly correspondence to strictly "business".

first blog: "mz_melanie @ Xanga.com"
reason: It was my middle school crush's birthday, and I wanted to greet him.
reflection: I would have never guessed that sharing your personal life story - and getting responses from other people - would have such an impact on how our society communicatates today. I haven't updated my xanga in over a year, and frankly, don't feel the need to. I'm too busy with myspace, facebook, & twitter now.

AND NOW,
I'm not obsessed with profile views and comments anymore.
I WANT TO LEARN ABOUT THE WORLD, about myself.


No comments:

Post a Comment