Saturday, September 26, 2009

National Book Festival in D.C.

I've never seen so many literature geeks gather in one place at the same time. Myself included! I'm talking huge lines for big names such as James Patterson, John Grisham, Judy Blume, etc. Awh, man do I miss literature. Most of my reading material now are non-fiction, via magazine or the internet. I'm waiting for the digital age of literature...I soooo want a Kindle (or w/e version they have of it in the future) when I'm older.

The day started at about 7 a.m., meeting at Mcdonald's in good ol Chuck County. We were a couple hours early to the event - they were still setting up by the time we got there. So we took pictures!

and walked around.



Nicholas Sparks was only signing his latest novel, so I got a good spot here/suckers behind me (ended up being 4 total long lines!)

my view from sitting down/ look how enthusiastic she is!


Judy sigining my book =]



Then I went back to my friends faithfully waiting for Sparks to come. It was finally our turn, with no latest copy of his book, and took a quick pic. He was quite confused. We were quite angry. (my friend has the pic...)

After, we got out of that place, and chilled (literally, it was chilly and rainy) in D.C. Walked to Chinatown, jaywalked, ended up eating at Las Tapas, and for the most part, window shopped at H&M and Urban Outfitters. I got some good naps on the metro and the final car ride home. What an interesting day!

FOR THE FUTURE:
  • screw book signing, next year I'm listening to the authors read and stocking my bag with free stuff.
  • Tapas restaurants serve itty-bitty portions. (it's fun to share) So stock up! Unless you are in D.C., and each bite sized dish costs a whole meal.



2 comments:

  1. Sounds - and looks - like you all had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thank you so much!

    Yes I am actually a huge ranter but I decided that I don't want to talk and just keep blabbing on...people usually need a fast, quick solution.

    Hope you keep loving the vids!

    <3

    ReplyDelete